Become a FOAM member:
Give and receive support from the fishing community.
Join a network of your fellow outfitters and guides focused on representing your interests. With over 800 members across the state, the Fishing Outfitters Association of Montana is the only organization dedicated to protecting commercial fishing and the professionals who help the industry thrive.
The many benefits of FOAM membership.
What makes FOAM membership worth it? Enjoy a range of tangible and intangible perks.
- FOAM is a non-profit business association represented and governed by a seven-member board of directors.
- FOAM has a full-time executive director and lobbyist to represent members in regulatory, legislative, and public forums.
- Our newsletter, FOAMLINE, keeps members informed and educated on topics that confront our industry on the local, regional, statewide and national levels.
- A group policy provides our members liability insurance that exceeds state requirements. Commercial auto coverage and equipment insurance is also available.
- Our annual meeting is a forum for industry issues, discussion, business promotion, and fish/client tales.
Not an outfitter or guide?
Become an associate member.
Show your support for Montana’s rivers and the fishing industry by joining FOAM as an associate member.
FOAM members pay a small annual fee to stay connected.
Outfitter – $125
Must be licensed by Montana Board of Outfitters to provide fishing services. (May also be licensed for upland bird/waterfowl or big-game hunting services.)
Guide – $75
(May also offer upland bird/waterfowl or big-game hunting services.)
Associate Member – $100
Available to businesses and individuals.
Learn more about insurance offerings available through FOAM.
FOAM provides basic liability insurance that exceeds state requirements. Once you’re a member, you can submit forms to us directly by email or mail. Available through our exclusive agency. Contact the Bissell Agency at 800-815-6230. You can also add additional insurance options for an extra cost.
Still have questions?
Contact the FOAM offices for assistance.