Protecting resources, promoting industry, and working together for healthy fisheries across Montana.
How It All Began:
The history of FOAM
The Fishing Outfitters Association of Montana was formed in 1978 for the following purposes:
- Represent members in licensing regulations, conservation concerns, and legislative issues.
- Coordinate member services, insurance, and business opportunities.
- Provide political unity, guide public relations, and promote the fishing industry.
- Increase consumer service satisfaction and safety.
- Advance outfitter and guide licensing qualifications.
- Monitor fishing regulations.
To protect and preserve Montana’s fish, wildlife, and aquatic resources.
To promote and maintain Montana’s fishing outfitting industry.
To work with individuals, groups, and agencies in all matters of administration and regulation affecting fisheries and our fishing industry.
A Growing Demand
Since our humble beginnings, we’ve grown to nearly 1,000 members and expanded our service offerings. As demand has increased, the fishing outfitting industry has grown significantly and more and more individuals want to become licensed guides and outfitters. We’re here as a resource to you.